PARIS, FRANCE – June 16, 2022 at VivaTech 2022 – La French Tech today unveiled the new cohort of startups that make up the latest edition of the French Tech Green20. Announced live on stage at VivaTech2022 by Bruno Le Maire, Minister of Economy, Finance and Industrial and Digital Sovereignty of France and Clara Chappaz, director of La French Tech, the French Tech Green20 supports and promotes the French companies that are working to reduce their environmental impact and empower businesses and individuals to do the same.
“The goal of the French Tech Green20 program is to support high-potential start-ups that tackle key ecological challenges, in order to help them develop and scale,” said Clara Chappaz, director of La French Tech. “VivaTech gives us the opportunity not only to show off the innovations developed in France, but also to demonstrate the role startups play in bringing about radical transformation to address the most important challenges of our time. Cultivating a cutting-edge GreenTech ecosystem in our country is essential to keeping France among the world’s most important innovators.”
With more than 1,800 start-ups in the country representing 70,000 jobs and yearly turnover exceeding €3bn, GreenTech is primed for making France an international reference in this sector.
The 22 start-ups selected to join the French Tech Green20 program this year all present solutions to the key environmental challenges and offer solutions in a range of areas including: sustainable cities, decarbonization of industry, recycling and renewable energy, clean mobility, agrifood and sustainable construction.
For companies, being part of the ecological transition process has become a real asset to access financing (from investors), to win new customers (private corporations and public sector), but also to attract new talent.
HIGH POTENTIAL GREENTECH START-UPS
The French Tech Green20 spotlights the most promising champions of the ecological transition addressing all aspects of sustainability. Close to 300 applicants were reviewed by an expert panel, and the following 22 were selected as having unique innovation and potential to become global leaders.
Here are the French Tech Green20 companies for 2022:
· BeFC, creating the first paper based, sustainable Bioenzymatic Fuel Cell.
· Beyond Aerospace, building the first electric private aircraft using hydrogen propulsion to reach more than 1000 miles.
· Eolink, developing cost-effective floating wind farms
· Fairbrics, developing circular manufacturing processes using renewable resources
· Gouach, producing the first 100% repairable electric battery for micro-mobility
· Hoffmann Green, sustainable construction technology for the cities of tomorrow
· Hysilabs, storing hydrogen as liquids
· Jimmy, a low-carbon process heat provider
· Kayrros, for measuring and monitoring energy at industrial sites
· Keey Aerogel, nano-insulating materials
· Lactips, an industrial plastic-free polymer
· Lixo, an AI solution for the circular economy
· Materrup, a deeptech company producing low-carbon cement
· Metron, an operational energy management system for decarbonization
· NAM.R, reliable data for CO2 reduction and climate resilience
· Neolithe, next-generation incineration technology
· Phoenix Mobility, converting conventional cars into electric vehicles
· Rosi Solar, innovation in recycling of raw materials in the PV industry
· Sylfen, Smart Energy Hub for buildings
· Tallano, reducing fine particle emissions from braking systems
· Tryon, transforming food waste
· Waga Energy, creating a renewable substitute for natural gas